Your Travel Pal, A New Travel Perspective! Posted on 19 Nov 12:36
Palestinian by blood, Jordanian by passport, born in Kuwait & raised in Egypt, Hussein El-Terawy, Founder & CEO at YourTravelPAL, inspiring many travelers & adventurers around the world, he gave us the opportunity to let us know more about himself & his start-up company.
1. Could you tell us more about yourself, your background, education and anything you’d like to add?
Hello, I would like to thank you for giving me this opportunity to talk more about myself and startup. I studied Communication Engineering at the GUC and got my masters degree in Telecommunications at the University of Leeds,UK.
2. What’s “Your Travel Pal”? How did it start?
I started travelling 5 years ago and my friends were always asking me about travel tips & booking all their route because of the low prices you can get online, so technically I was their travel pal but then after returning from my honeymoon and people started asking me who booked your trip route? How much did it cost you, etc ? I had the idea of doing an Instagram account to show people some different beautiful places, not the mainstream ones.
3. What are you adding to the travel industry?
I had the idea of doing travel products since there's no true travel shop. They are always expensive or low quality, it took me 6 months to do my first innovative travel bag and it won't be the last. SO you can call me the travel pal or you could call my products your travel pal ;).
4. What’s your all-time favorite place so far?
I have a lot of memories in many places but my favorite place is Leeds as I lived there one year and a half and had the chance to meet hundreds of foreigners, they are now my best friends.
5. What can’t you travel without?
My laptop, as I cancel and book at the last minute while travelling.
Planning my honeymoon was a real challenge because I have chosen a place where no one of my friends went, it was the Philippines and took me about 3 weeks to know the good places and how to catch up with the transportation. I went to Philippines, Hongkong and Singapore.
El Nido Tour, Big Lagoon
7. When did you feel in danger?
Downtown LA at 3 am on a Saturday night.
8. What’s your plan for “Your Travel Pal”? And what are you looking to achieve in the future?
I want to make creative travel bags and travel products, from the carry-on to the main bag and backpacks. I intend to sell them at cheaper prices and better quality.
Blue Hole, Dahab
9. Where would you most like to live in the world?
10. How many countries have you visited?
30 countries and 63 cities.
11. If you could swim with dolphins or go shark diving, which would you pick?
12. Do you prefer solo travel or with someone else?
SOLO all the way but since I'm a married guy, I will say with my wife :P
Bol Island, Croatia
13. Bungee-jumping - yes or no?
Bungee for sure! Did it in Malaysia.
14. Window or aisle seat?
15. Which country has the best weather?
16. What's been the best street food you've had?
17. Disneyworld or the real world?
Amsterdam,Brussels and Paris
Follow Hussein El-Terawy on Instagram @YourTravelPal for more travel tips, hacks & inspirations!